Every milestone is a new chapter of your story.
mile·stone (mīl′stōn′). n.
1. A stone marker set up on a roadside to indicate the distance in miles from a given point.
2. A significant event in your life; a turning point.
I’m Karla Combres, a certified Life-Cycle Celebrant based in Saskatoon, cANADA. I am committed to crafting and officiating one-of-a-kind ceremonies to celebrate and honour your life transitions with intention and meaning.
People have always gathered in community to mark life’s milestones through ceremony and ritual. For millennia, we turned to our places of worship to help us mark these occasions. In today’s increasingly diverse and fast-paced world, we continue to crave connection and commemoration. We know intuitively that slowing down to ease our way through significant transitions can be deeply inspiring and meaningful – even transformational. But if you and your family are secular, spiritual, interfaith, or intercultural, you may not know where to begin to mark those large and small moments that deserve acknowledgement and celebration.
Life is full of new beginnings, difficult endings and important transformations.
I would love to guide you in marking an important passage in your life, family, community or organization.
What milestone in your life or community deserves to be honoured through personalized ceremony?
My services include, but are not limited to, the milestones listed below:
- Mother & parent blessings
- Baby welcoming & naming
- Adoption celebrations
- Family blending ceremonies
- Family reunions
Rites of Passage
- Coming of age
- Milestone birthdays
- Coming out
- Moving into a new home, downsizing
- Housewarming, house blessing
- Career change, loss of job
- Business opening & closing
- Divorce, loss of relationship
- Medical crisis
- End of illness
Community & Organizations
- Community or organizational milestones
- Grand openings
- Dedications & commemorations
- Groundbreaking ceremonies
- Class or cohort graduations
- Victory celebrations
- Observances of loss
You may choose to have a private ceremony with a few close friends. Or you may prefer to have a large celebration surrounded by all your loved ones. The choice is yours!